Monday, November 5, 2012

Sprite Patterns of Marth and Two Requests With a WIP Photo of a Kit I'm Working On

Hello! I didn't expect to have time this afternoon to post here, since I thought that I'd be subbing for a math class all day. This was slightly worrisome, as the teacher only had lesson plans provided for a couple of hours, making it look like I'd have to actually teach calculus, which would have been bad for me and atrocious for the students. Luckily, it was a bad communication rather than a lack of material for class, and the normal teacher came back during lunch, allowing me to get up and go home in the middle of trying to give myself some idea of what was going on in the calculus lesson. Since none of this really matters, however, I will get on with posting today's three new sprite patterns!

Just like I've been doing in the last couple of posts, I have two requested characters and a random sprite pattern for today, though I'm of the opinion that today's random one is the spiffiest of the set. Because of that, I'm starting with the non-requested cross stitch chart, which is of Marth from Fire Emblem. He ended up being one of the more detailed sprite patterns, and has quite a few colors, but he shouldn't be that difficult to stitch. I started stitching him and haven't had any problems yet, with my only issue being that his cape takes up a little more room than I'd expected.
The first of today's patterns that were actually requested is the final chart in the Princess Princess set, featuring the lovely Yuujiro. His color scheme, with bright yellows and golden browns, is perfect for fall, and he should look nice with his two fellow cast members. Plus, I double checked to make sure that this character actually was Yuujiro, which is a bit more than I did at first with the others.
Today's final sprite pattern which was, in fact, a request, is of Shermie from the King of Fighters games! I have a small list of characters from SNK fighting games that was requested, which has been made much more extreme by my need to make more characters to match those on the list.(It may not matter to anyone else, but if I'm making both the brother and the supposed love interest of an extremely minor character, then I feel that the minor character also deserves her very own pattern, too.) When I was looking through the list, though, I was really surprised to see that I hadn't posted Shermie yet, since I'd had her in my sprite patterns binder for years. Other than that, this isn't too strange of a pattern, though from personal experience, I'd recommend that for perler beads, some clear beads should be used to make sure that her hair doesn't fall off. She is the only sprite pattern with no visible eyes, though, so that's almost interesting to note.
Now that I have today's three patterns posted, I have a lovely WIP photo of a  Dimensions cross stitch kit that I'm working on, which features a sparkly mermaid. I'm pretty close to the end of the not-backstitching part of it, though the picture from the kit makes it look like after backstitching, it will be pretty impressive. It's fun to work on, and I'm hoping to get a little more of it done tonight.
I'm done with this post for now, but, as always, if you have any pattern requests, please leave a comment! I'm getting ready for sprite patterns December, where I'll have new ones every day, and have already been working on some of the charts that will be posted. I'll be back with new stuff long before December, though, so have a nice week and good luck with whatever craft stuff you're doing!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, the mermaid looks beautiful thus far! Very nice!

    As for pattern requests, how about Noel and Serah from Final Fantasy XIII-2? That should prove interesting. x3

    ReplyDelete