Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sprite Patterns December Day 1: Persona 4, My Little Pony, and My Big WIP

Hello! Today is December 1st, 2012, so as many of you who've been following this blog for a while may know, it's time to start Dork Stitch's 3rd annual Sprite Patterns December! I've been looking forward to doing this year's run of new patterns, since I have a ton of requests I've gotten and been working on from comments and e-mails and Facebook, and just because I like trying to blog every day. There are a couple of non-requested sets I've been working on for later in the month, too, that I don't want to go on too much about now, but I am also excited about posting those.

Today isn't going to be the most exciting start to a month of sprite patterns ever, but if you are into both Persona and My Little Pony, it may be your lucky day. I have to say right off the bat that I have never played a Persona RPG, though you guys will not be shocked to know that I have played the fighting game Persona 4 Arena for the XBox 360 and made some patterns based on the merits of that title. Therefore, I do not know as much about the characters as a lot of you reading may, but I can say that Chie, who today's sprite pattern features, kicks people in the face at a good speed and does not have an unnecessarily annoying voice. Plus, her sweatshirt came out really well at the small size required of a sprite pattern, so I was pretty happy with that.
My second pattern for today, as you may have guessed towards the start of the last paragraph, is another sprite pattern of a My Little Pony, this time featuring a super-girly one that is apparently named Cherry Treats. The actual toy of this I had never had hair this flat, since I played with it a lot, and I think that I may have colored the bottoms of all of its feet blue with a marker, too, giving it a funky smell. This pattern should be relatively free of damage, though, so I hope you guys like it!
Though I should probably just stop posting now, I have gotten my giant cross stitch of Noel Vermillion from Blazblue, which is a fancy graphics fighting game, back out in an effort to make yet another dent in stitching it. Right now, it doesn't look that fancy, since all the pages I've worked on have been in a strip in the middle, but this morning, I finished the outline of my third page of the project! I'm sort of hoping to start filling it in and maybe finish the ribbons really soon, but here is the image as it stands, though it's been photographed at a weird angle. Pretty exciting, right?
I have no idea what I'm going to be posting tomorrow, but for today, I'm done! Regardless of what nonsense I end up inflicting on you, however, I hope that you have a nice evening and a good start to your December! Also, if there are any characters you'd like to see as sprite patterns this month, let me know, and I'll add them to my lovely .rtf of requests!

4 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch patterns are wonderful to see *grins* and make into bookmarks for various people.

    Your Blazblue project looks like it is coming along wonderfully and I can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was smiling a lot today, and someone asked why, and I said, 'It's December 1st and that means lots of Sprite patterns!' and I don't know why my coworkers think I'm weird?
    Your Blazblue pattern looks quite splendid!
    I would request a My Little Pony pattern, but I can't remember what symbol my favorite had so I can look up her name. She was sort of peach colored with a pink mane and tail, I think. Like the one called Sparkleworks. But I don't think that was her name. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so long since I was last here and it's refreshing to see that you're still kicking out such amazing projects! :)

    If I make a request, is there a chance you may be able to do some G.I.Joe themed characters in the Phantasy Star format you've become so skilled with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noel Vermillion is looking amazing so far :o Nice work!~

    ReplyDelete